Sunday, November 2, 2008




So today was fast Sunday, which is still a big struggle in our home. Ok not really a struggle, we just don't do it. Don't judge. It rained last night and was raining as we walked to church also. The girls just kept asking to walk through the puddles. It always makes me chuckle the things that amuse kids. I wish I could do as the scriptures council and be more like a child. Testimony meeting was pretty good. We have a young man that was baptized last year, he is maybe 9 or 10 I think, that bares his testimony every month. He is truly an example to me, because he comes each week on his own. No family members or anything. He does have friends in the ward, but still I don't know that I could do as he does and come to church regularly, let alone bare a strong spirit filled testimony. I had to teach today in Elders Quorum too. I feel it went pretty well, we had pretty good participation anyway. We discussed Elder Hollands talk "My words never cease", from his conference address last April. It talks about continuing revelation, and that fact that God does speak to Prophets today. Anyway, that was the day for the most part. i just had my usual Sunday nap after we got home and then have just been lounging around. As you ca tell, my spelling and punctuation are less than perfect, deal with it. I go Bingham. Inside joke. I'd like to end tonight with a short testimony. I know God lives. I know that he knows me personally. I have been learning this fact through small experiences in my life, especially over the past couple years that we've been back in Idaho. I love the gospel and am proud to be a member of the church. I love my beautiful wife and my young family. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I can, through my faithfulness, live and be with them forever. The scriptures are true, and as we discussed in priesthood today, Pres. Monson does commune with our Father in Heaven. Christ leads and guides this great church. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

2 comments:

Vegas Emily said...

I love you babe! Don't we live in the best ward/town/state? Me and the girls think you are the best! Thanks for all you do! Even if that includes taking a 3 hour nap on Sundays!=)

Jana Homer said...

Welcome to the blogging world Jeremy... Emily let me know that you started a blog, and I think it's great. I had to teach that same lesson in Relief Society last week. It was a good one! K welp have a good day.