Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rough Stretch

Well, the girls all leave for Utah in the morning. I won't see them again until Turkey Day. I'm usually ok the first couple days or so, but then I really start to miss them. I know I've said this before but, I really love my family. I tease about having three girls sometimes, but I wouldn't trade them for all the riches in the world. They really do make me happy. Emily is so good to me. I often wonder how I got so lucky to have such an amazing woman for my wife. She keeps me in line also. I think that is perhaps why the Lord matched us up. She really is the only person that can put up with all my crap and still claim to love me as she does. Kind of a bummer deal for her, but she'll have to discuss that with the higher powers---I'm good!
I ask Em sometimes why people don't leave me more comments. She said it's that I blog about hunting. Well, that's one of the things I love to do. In fact I'm going again Saturday. Only a couple weeks left for the elk tag. Hopefully Saturday will be the day. I'm sure Emily would be happy for me to get one while she and the girls are gone. That way she wouldn't have to mess with it at all.
Things are going ok at work. Not nearly as busy as I'd like to be, but still going to work everday anyway. We (Mike and I)are trying to stay positive and optimistic. Things start to look bleak and something will come in. Been like that all fall and winter so far. We are trying to invole the Lord more as well. Not everyday, but more often then not, we've been saying a prayer to start the work day. This has really helped in my opinion. It helps me to keep things more in perspective; and it helps to keep thoughts, words and actions more clean throughout the day.
Just rambling tonight. Can't believe that it's almost Thanksgiving. Time is just wizzing by. They always said that happens when you start getting older. Also cannot believe that I'll be 32 in a couple months. Well, that'll be all for tonight.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

32-wow! What an old man. :) I feel like time goes by so fast, too, it is crazy. I can't believe that Bella is 5 months already, Savannah is in kindergarten, etc. It is insane. Although it does feel like Sisi has been in this terrible two's stage for about 10 years. Have fun hunting and working, will we see you for Thanksgiving?