Saturday, March 7, 2009

Still Alive

Okay, it has been awhile, but I'm still here. Things are going fine I suppose, considering the fact that I didn't work last week. Nothing to do. I really hesitate to put this on here, but I've said this is a journal of sorts, and this is my life. I worked as much as I could at walmart, but not at all for Mike. I filed for unemployment(that's embarrassing). Get this! If I work to much at walmart, I would actually receive less money than only working a certain amount of hours and gathering the unemployment. What a srewed up system! Penalize the guy who wants to work and provide while rewarding the lazy and slothful. No wonder we have 5th generation welfare recipients. Anyway, I did go on the Father and Sons outing yesterday. I guess our ward has been doing this for 15 or 16 years. They snow machine into Rock Creek Girls camp and stay over in the main lodge. It was fun. I invited Mike and Junior to tag along. We went up around noon and went riding the rest of the day before dinner. That was a blast. We got up on top a little and you could see for miles! Junior kinda put a damper on the whole ride by dumping his sled in the flippin' creek. That took awhile to get out. The sides were probably 5 or 6 feet deep. We had hamburgers for dinner and pancakes for breakfast. All really good! After we ate, we gathered up and came home. Overall, pretty good fun. The Bishop has asked that I put one together for the summer time. I think it will be better attended. People won't have to rely on those with snow machines to get them in and out.
Okay, there is my depressing journal entry. I know not many read this or care about it. But; if you do, please don't leave pity comments. I will be fine as will my family. I love those of you who do care, you mean alot to me. I can never be relieved of my testimony of the Savior, and I know he knows me and the situations I face in life. God lives. Jesus is the Christ. Joseph Smith was and is a Prophet. Thomas S. Monson is our beloved Prophet on the earth today. This is my testimony. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

5 comments:

Vegas Emily said...

I love you.

crazy west family said...

I think you stink but I love you to, and miss ya....

David Bardsley said...

Thanks for letting us know whats going on. You are a hard working man and I know it is hard for you request assistance. It is nothing to feel bad about. You are getting your own money back that you put in for a time just like this. You aren't going to milk it and you will pay in much more in your life time than you will ever use. I hope that wasn't a pitty comment.

Ben said...

Hey Jeremy, I feel for you. I agree with ya , what a screwed up system. At any rate, It's pretty crazy what the economy has done. Obama's the solution though. lol yeah right. Hope all is well for ya. Hang in there, things'll get better.

Boyd, Emilee, Hadley, Tanner said...

Can't believe I found you. I miss you guys SOOOO much. GMA Hazel keeps me posted on the family, but it's good to read your thoughts. We'll have to get together sometime and talk "food storage". It's a passion of mine right now as well. And it's amazing to see how the Lord blesses you with it when you are trying. check out our blog: beahatch.blogspot.com. Love and miss ya. Emilee