Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Now if we could just get the wonderful city of St. Anthony to plow the dag gum roads. It snowed and blowed ALL day. Mike and I moved snow at the warehouse until noon, and when we got back from lunch there was another fresh inch. I've probably got 10 plus inches of fresh snow over the last two days. Got off at Wally at 11 and the highway was all drifted on the way home. The worst part was once I got into town. They haven't plowed an ounce yet. I'm not kidding when I say I almost got stuck in the middle of the road only three or four blocks from the house! Unbeweebable! All told we probably had a foot on the level. Hard to say now, the wind has been a howlin' and everything is drifted. We didn't have any snow in the valley only 2 weeks ago. Welcome to winter in southeast Idaho. On a better note, should be able to go ice fishing up to Ashton soon. They've been messing with the water levels lately so we've been hesitant 'til now. The geese and ducks are all over the river now as well. Going to try and get out later this week.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm not jealous. :) That sounds pretty miserable to me, you are brave to drive in the snow, I think I would just call in sick to work and stay in bed. See you when things thaw.

Vegas Emily said...

Really? Ice fishing? Just kidding. I am so glad it finally stopped snowing and the city plowed the roads at 2 a.m. Couldn't we winter in Las Vegas or St. George? I forgot how angry I was for most of last winter - I had attributed it to pregnancy hormones but now I know it's just because the weather sucks up here and the most frustrating part is nobody takes care of the roads! I guess our love will get us through the cold months =)!!!

Mary said...

Jeremy I love the way you write. It makes me laugh!! I know what you mean about the wind a blowin' and the driftin' snow. We get storms here in Rapid City often where the drifts will be up to six feet high but not an inch of snow anywhere else on the ground.