
I am confused on exactly the way I should feel tonight. As many of you probably know, the U. of Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl tonight. The mixed feelings come from this- I hate the cotton pickin' Utes! Mostly their expletive of a head coach! I wish before every game, that a play will role to his sideline and some 300 pounder will accidentally miss his block and absolutely clobber that SOB!!! Okay, give me a minute to calm myself. Thanks. The other feeling tonight are for the players at Utah. Don't know any of them, don't really care to(goes back to the whole hating the Utes thing). BUT, they should be crowned National Champs! That is hard for me to say, but it's true. 13 -0! The absolutely only team that is 13-0! Major college football is the only sport, where if you are not part of one of the BS (oh that was meant to be BCS) conferences, you have ZERO chance at winning the national title! Not fare to the kids! My Dad taught me that life aint fare, but in this case it surely could be. During my playing days I was able to experience both sides. While at Ricks College, we played for the Juco National Title. We lost, but we were able to play for it! That was my first year. Going into the second season, we knew we had something to play for, perhaps another shot at it. That can't be said for my time at UNM. The absolute most we could ever play for was a conference title and perhaps a lower tier bowl game. Now, my teams at New Mexico weren't the greatest, and we probably would have never challenged for a national title anyway, but that didn't matter cuz' we could have went 12-0 like the Utes, and still been slighted by the so called big boys. I mean look at the college hoops tourney. Every team in the country starts the season knowing they have a chance to win it all! That gives you something to hope, dream, and play for! I don't know if any of this rambling has made sense, but it does to me and that's all that counts, right? Just feel for the kids is all. 13-0 and their still going to get short changed! TRAVESTY!
P.S.
GO LOBOS



4 comments:
I know, they SHOULD be national champs...I think you need to bury your hatred of the Utes, and just give into your secret love for them. (We know it's there.)
Nice comment. You know deep down you like the U. I'm sick of the beauty contest in college football. I started the game listening to everyone saying they didn't have a chance, Alabama wouldn't have even tried to recruit any of the players on the U, etc. etc. Anyone that has played knows that there isn't that much of a difference in talent. In H.S. a great player on a good team would automatically be a first team all state player. A great player on an average team or bad team would end up making the second team even if that player was just as good or better then the great player on the good team. Pisses me off how they screw the MWC. Hoping they will allow Boise St. to join the conference. Are you cheering for the boys playing on smurf turf yet?
Quote of the week. Paul Kruger
"I can't wait to hit a quarterback with three names. You don't hear anyone calling me Paul Christian Kruger, but apparently he's special."
BYU's slogan for next year.
Quest to be like the Utes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is your cousin Kenny Bardsley's wife Denise and I feel your pain. I don't care for the Utes either, and I agree with you that any team should have a shot at the big title no matter where they are. Your blog is great!
Ok, so here's my two cents. Have you noticed the "foreshadowing" going on during the past bowl games? Utah won and their coach says " we're the best in the nation" then Texas won, their coach said "we're the best in the nation" I think that we're seeing these questions posed to coaches in a national prime time event because people are tired of this very issue. Needless to say obama is in favor of a playoff system, maybe we'll see the BCS playoff series. I still don't think we'll see a 64 field tourney, Perhaps the top 10. The bottom line is it's a flawed system which probably won't be changing anytime soon.
Post a Comment